Monday, October 16, 2006

GET ME A VEIL

Thanks to Shirin Neshat who I've 'bitten' with the picture here.

I've decided that when I next go to Inglan which, to paraphrase LKJ and Snoop, is certainly a beeeeeaaaatch right now, then I'm going to wear a veil. Not one of those wimpy scarves with forehead exposed but the serious Ninja niqab so that no one can see my face. Not even my eyes. When the blancmanges make you visible only according to their scopic regimes, then it's better to be invisible. This look or should I say veil-style will be even more severe than the sistahs who sneaked their bombs through to kill the French occupiers in the Battle of Algiers. Sorry forgot my etudes cinematique. They actually disrobed to deliver the bombs, integrated into western culture as Jack Straw would have it. Jackass is angling for a job in the next PM's cabinet. Oh you're so hard, Jackie boy. Thank you for protecting the deep-rooted fashion values of Great Britain. Winston Churchill would be proud of you. I'm surprised the Strawman's constituents haven't asked him to don the niqab himself. That way they wouldn't have to see his ugly visage. The sight of Fiery Jack certainly upsets my cultural sensibilities. I like to see an honest open face when I meet a member of parliament, not a liar's mug. I guess if you help send troops and bombs to kill Iraqis and occupy their country based on the WMD lie it will eventually appear on your face. 655,000 and still counting. So let's cover that face. At least wear sunglasses so we don't see your dishonest pupils. It's all in the face, as you said. In yer face.

1 comment:

nabeel said...

Why list all these other vices--genital mutilation, honour killings, polygamy, forced marriages--alongside veiling. I'm from 'your' countries, entitled to a point of view as much as you. You do not define the values of that place any more than me. It's not a question of whether you like veils or not. The garment may represent repression but it may represent something else. Is female plastic surgery a form of oppression when it is a choice made by 'western' women? Is wearing the veil the same as flashing testicles? Hardly, methinks. You fail to understand the context in which Straw's remarks have been made. His government is at war with Iraq and a whole community has been deemed responsible for the actions of a few violent Islamists. Your brand of arrogant liberalism is another fundamentalism.