Monday, September 04, 2006

ATTA BOY

Underwhelmed by Martin Amis's fictionalization of Mohammad Atta's last days. I guess the white boys get a hard-on imagining the cool nihilism and depilation/ablution regimes of suicidal mass murderers. In cold blood. If only they'd shagged more, there'd be peace in the valley of death. Yep nice n easy reasons. 'T were only so simple. More 911 BS to follow I'm sure as we approach the day. I remember on September 11, 2002 I was shopping in Selfridges with Shuchi and Mama. We suddenly realized we were the only ones talking in the food court. Everyone was stumm due to two minutes of official silence for the dead in the USA. Two minutes of silence for Pinochet's victims? Two minutes for Srebernica? Two minutes for Sabra and Chatila? Let me pick up that designer sandwich and talk about it puh-leeze. Heard someone has published a graphic novel of the 9/11 Commission's Report. That should be better reading than Martin's literary jihad. AllahuAkbar Martin. I like how 'Amis's' sounds more like the London Jewish diction of Alec Guiness's Fagin than just plain old English Amis'. Martin remiss. You're no Truman Capote.

No comments: